LONDON (Reuters) - The United States' Ryan Lochte won the Olympic gold medal in the men's Swimming 400m individual medley at the 2012 London Games on Saturday.
Lochte finished with a time of 4:05.18 at the Aquatics Centre in London to claim the United States' first gold medal of the games.
Brazil's Thiago Pereira won the silver with a time of 4:08.86 and Japan's Kosuke Hagino won the bronze with a time of 4:08.94.
The United States now have two medals at the games with Brazil collecting its third and Japan collecting its third.
1. Ryan Lochte (U.S.) 4 minutes 5.18 seconds
2. Thiago Pereira (Brazil) 4:08.86
3. Kosuke Hagino (Japan) 4:08.94
4. Michael Phelps (U.S.) 4:09.28
5. Chad Le Clos (South Africa) 4:12.42
6. Yuya Horihata (Japan) 4:13.30
7. Thomas Fraser-Holmes (Australia) 4:13.49
8. Luca Marin (Italy) 4:14.89
(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Check for restrictions at: http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp