Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3’

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3’

WHO YA GONNA CALL?: Not Ivan Reitman. Photo: Associated Press

Director Ivan Reitman has stepped down as the brains behind the latest “Ghostbusters” movie.

The 67-year-old, who directed the 1984 ghost-chasing film and its 1989 sequel, helped co-write the script for the latest film and had to tweak the storyline when Harold Ramis, who was set for a small role in the movie, died last month.

Reitman will stay on as a producer.

The film is finally expected to start shooting early next year.

Original Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd is slated to return, but his co-star Bill Murray is not.

Recent Headlines

in Sports

NFL’s top official says inadvertent whistle on Monday Night Football was “mistake”

Dean Blandino, vice president of officiating for the NFL

"Line judge lost track of the football, blew his whistle inadvertently. It was a mistake. Whistle shouldn't have been blown." said Dean Blandino.

in Local Sports

BHS freshman named Conference cross country Runner of the Year

Cross Country

Annika Reiss won the award in voting done by conference coaches

in Local Sports

Seahawks make several roster moves

seattle seahawks logo generic

Hawks re-sign RB Bryce Brown and promote WR B.J. Daniels from practice squad

in Entertainment

The first word of the new ‘Star Wars’ movie is …


Director J.J. reveals the first word spoken in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," which hits theaters next month.

in Local Sports

Eastern’s Cooper Kupp named Big Sky Offensive Player of the Year

Eastern Washington wide receiver Cooper Kupp

Kupp, a junior, caught 114 passes for 1642 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2015 and became only the second wide receiver in 42 years to win the award.