News

Stevie Wonder plans new albums

Stevie Wonder plans new albums

NEW MUSIC: Stevie Wonder hasn't dropped a new album in eight years - but that's about to change. Photo: Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Stevie Wonder has been laying low lately when it comes to new music — in that it’s been eight years since he dropped an album.

Looks like he’s trying to make up for lost time. He is planning to release a pair of albums next year — and is working on a third.

He says one album will be titled “When the World Began” and the other, “Ten Billion Hearts.”

Wonder says the releases will feature new songs, music he says was inspired by his “children, family, change, growth, heartbreaks.”

Wonder is 63 — and filed for divorce last year.

Recent Headlines

in Local Sports

Mariners open Cactus League play with win over the Padres

Fresh
Seattle Mariners' Taijuan Walker signs autographs during spring training baseball practice Saturday, Feb. 21, 2015, in Peoria, Ariz.

Tyler Marlette scored the game-winning run on a single by Patrick Kivlehan and a fielding error by Padres right fielder Rymer Liriano.

in Local Sports

MLS minimum: Playing for $36,000 with millionaire teammates

Fresh
Real Salt Lake's Robbie Findley, left, and Seattle Sounders' Zach Scott vie for the ball during the first half of an MLS soccer match, Friday, Sept 12, 2014, in Seattle.

Seattle Sounder Zack Scott speaks out about MLS pay gap

in Local Sports

Former Sonic Ray Allen says he will not play this NBA season

Fresh
WP-HeatRayAllen

Allen out this year, will consider returning in 2015-2016 season

in National

A-Rod singles in first at-bat following drug suspension

Fresh
New York Yankees' designated hitter Alex Rodriguez hits a single in the first inning during a spring training baseball exhibition game against the Philadelphia Phillies, Wednesday, March 4, 2015, in Tampa, Fla.

Mixed reactions from fans in A-Rod's return to baseball

in Sports

Lawyer: Tsarnaev widow not ID’d as witness in bombing trial

Fresh
It this courtroom sketch, U.S. Attorney William Weinreb, left, is depicted delivering opening statements in front of U.S. District Judge George O'Toole Jr., right rear, on the first day of the federal death penalty trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Wednesday, March 4, 2015, in Boston. Tsarnaev, depicted seated second from right between defense attorneys Judy Clarke, third from right, and Miriam Conrad, right, is charged with conspiring with his brother to place two bombs near the marathon finish line in April 2013, killing three and injuring 260 people.

Widow has not been contacted by the defense